Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday: August 6, 2009

I've been doing reduced calorie Thursdays for about a month now and the most recent one was the "worst" one so far. I actually ended up eating about 1600 calories instead of the target number of 1200. This happened because I didn't plan the meal timing very well. Lunch was timed such that I would have to wait 8 hours for dinner. This wasn't by choice, but based on work scheduling problems and how they affected meal timing. Around 6 hours after lunch, I was so famished that I had to eat something, and then I ate more than necessary because I was starving.

I know the basics of appetite control and part of it is that you should never wait until you are starved to eat or you'll eat too much. The lesson I learned from this is that I need to plan the meal timing better if I want to hit the target on low calorie Thursdays.